Monday, 21 March 2016

The Honeymoon Period

This evening I sip my apple juice from my wine glass and think "this is easy".......I am in the honeymoon phase of course!  I am yet to get a craving.....I am yet to go on a wine tour this weekend (ffffaaarrrr out!!!)

So I am going to take a lesson from Mrs D (http://livingwithoutalcohol.blogspot.co.nz/) and list a few horrific things I've done in a drunken state.  Just incase I need a memory prod for when times are tough.  So here goes......and my oh my I am going to cringe putting these in writing.

-   Hiffing my engagement ring at my now husband when drunk and angry (I still hate thinking how much that must of hurt him)

- Slurring away and saying to a friend I thought he was in love with a woman who wasn't his wife (god knows why he is still friends with me after that hideous comment)

- The good old $300 puke in a taxi cab

I think that is all I can bare writing for now!

To be perfectly honest, those mega cringe moments aren't too often.  It is the drunk/tipsy at the party/bbq/work drinks etc etc (any excuse for drinking), when everyone else just has just had one, that has become far to often.  I wish I could stop at 1, 2 or even stop at 3, but that just doesn't seem to be in my genes......if the bottle is open it must be drunk!














No comments:

Post a Comment