Monday, 28 March 2016

The Last Hurrah

Okay, so moderation didn't really happen on the wine weekend.   I failed in that department.....so let call that one the last hurrah before kicking the booze to the curb.

So what did I learn/modify over the weekend???

Positive

  • I mixed cider with wine drinking, which slowed me down
  • I listened to my body and when I felt like I was tipping over I stopped
  • I kept well away from the spa pool - that thing dehydrates you like a bitch
  • I brought home 4 bottles of olive oil from tastings, not 4 bottles of wine!
  • I sat wine tastings out to keep in control 


Negative

  • I am sick of waking up in the morning and saying to hubby "were I okay last night", due to memory loss
  • I spent a lot of energy worrying about getting too drunk because I am scared of myself
  • I still drank A LOT! and I am starting to worry about what that is doing to my body
So in summary - I've become scared of myself when I drink! 

No comments:

Post a Comment